• Translate Site:

Kentucky Permit (KYU#)

Kentucky’s Highway Use Tax (KYU) is a weight-distance tax, based on mileage traveled by motor vehicles through Kentucky. You need a KYU license if your vehicle travels through Kentucky and has a gross weight of 60,000 pounds or more. Once a KYU license is issued, quarterly reports must be filed.

A KYU number is proof that you have registered with Kentucky to pay a per mile tax. Highway use tax forms will be sent to you on a quarterly basis and must be completed and returned by the required due date. KYU numbers no longer need to be posted on the sides of your power unit since your USDOT# will be used as means of identifying the carrier and the status of the carriers KYU account.

Our account managers maintain the highest level of contact with all of the various authority agencies, which ensures our ability to process authority and permit applications with the greatest speed and accuracy to ensure compliance and operational status

Call us now, one of our representatives will be happy to assist you in all your needs.